Cinch Connectivity Solutions
Cinch Connectivity Solutions designs and manufactures a broad range of interconnect products with facilities around the world.
In operation since 1917, Cinch supplies high quality, high performance, and high speed connectors and cables globally to the Aerospace, Military and Defense, Industrial, Transportation, and Computer markets.
Our diverse product offerings include: connectors, enclosures and cable assemblies utilizing multiple contact technologies including copper and fiber optics.
Our product engineering and development activities employ cutting edge technologies for design and modeling, and our various technologies and expertise enable us to deliver custom solutions and products for our strategic partnerships.
We aim to exceed our customer’s expectations, and to continually provide innovative solutions to the rapidly changing needs of the markets, and customers, we serve.
Cinch Custom Capabilities
Cinch specializes in providing specialty interconnect and system solutions to the Military and Defense Market. We provide custom solutions with our creative, hands on engineering and end to end approach.
Fiber Optic Connectivity Solutions
Cinch EBOSA™ Expanded Beam Technology
Expands and collimates the optical beam up to 2000 times (single-mode) the original beam size making airborne dirt nearly benign to beam continuity and integrity.
Our patented active alignment technology aligns a standard LC ferrule to Cinch’s EBOSA™ with ultra-high precision. This results in insertion loss and reflectance performance that meets the MIL-DTL-83526/20 & /21 specification and can exceed the specification for customer specific applications for expanded beam connectors.
- Very short lead-times
- Easy to use
- Extremely durable
- Standard assembly tooling
- COTS ferrules & termination tooling
- Field repairable
- Reduced training, maintenance and total ownership cost
- Contact based technologies to suit various connector form factors
- Patented active alignment production process
- Provides superior performance in harsh environments
- Full range of Fibreco expanded beam connectors
- Supports multimode or single mode cable
- 1 to 16 optical channels
- Fiber optic / copper hybrid assemblies
- Custom lengths; high quality military tactical cable
- Wide range of deployable cable reels
MIL-C-26500 – Cylindrical Connectors: Omega
The C48 Series is a family of connectors qualified to MIL-C-26500. While maintaining the MIL-C-26500 mating interface, this product has also been expanded to include qualifications to numerous Boeing specifications to satisfy general purpose requirements and unique product challenges for shielding, environmental sealing, fluid resistance, and vibration.
- Qualified to MIL-C-26500
- Styles qualified to Boeing BACC45 Series
- Styles qualified to Boeing BACC63 Series
- Power Contact Sizes: 20, 16, and 12
- Coax Contacts Available: Size 12 and 8
- Contacts: Crimp – Front release
- Optional Fixed Contacts: PC Termination
- Coupling Styles: Bayonet and Threaded
- Environmentally Sealed
Fuel Quantity Indicating Systems (FQIS)
Cinch is the original equipment manufacturer of high performance wire harness assemblies qualified for the critical application of aircraft Fuel Quantity Indicating Systems (FQIS).
- In-tank qualified harnesses feature aluminum shell hermetic receptacles
- Shielded and grounded out-tank harnesses and bussing plugs
- Custom designed products with high reliability configurations in harsh environments
FQIS Harness Features and Benefits:
- Gas tight crimp and solder termination to enhance electrical conductivity and prevent corrosion
- Superior insulation for increased durability and environmental protection
- Lightweight hermetically sealed spar connectors
- Cinch feed through connectors reduce replacement and repair downtime
- Modular harness design increases ease of installation
Certified Quality Management System
- Certificate of Compliance
- Airworthiness Approval Tag (FAA Form 8130-3)
- BQMS D6-82479 Approved
CIN::APSE Compression Technology
It takes more than an ordinary connector to support advanced performance interconnect applications. It takes CIN::APSE, a proven solderless compression connector technology that offers exceptional mechanical and electrical performance at signals well above 20 GHz.
If you have an interconnect challenge, and need to overcome the restrictions of ordinary connector devices, CIN::APSE can provide the versatile and reliable interconnect solution you need.
Innovative Compression-Mount Technology
CIN::APSE is a unique, compression interconnect technology which provides superior mechanical and electrical performance. The contact construction consists of randomly wound gold plated molybdenum wire, formed into a cylindrical shape (Figure 1). Standard contact diameters are 0.020" (0.508 mm) and 0.040" (1.016 mm).
The basic CIN::APSE contact configuration consists of a contact installed into a customized plastic insulator with the patented Cinch hourglass hole design. Once in place, the contact extends on both sides of the insulator.
Quick, Solderless Installation
CIN::APSE is easily installed in two basic steps, without soldering. First, using alignment features, the CIN::APSE interconnect is positioned between two components with matching connection footprints. Next, the two components are compressed and fastened together. It's as simple as that.
Low Compression Force, Low Contact Resistance
The CIN::APSE contact offers one of the best force/deflection ratios in the industry. An average compression force of only 2.5 ounces will yield a typical contact resistance of less than 20 mOhms. This means high I/O count applications can achieve excellent electrical performance with only minimal compression force.
*Test results are pass/fail criteria, not limitations of the technology.
- Solderless RoHS compatible
- High density/low profile
- Multi-point contact/mechanical wipe
- Minimum contact spacing of 1.0mm (.039)
- Low profile height of .8mm (.032)
- High frequency capability up to 50 GHz and beyond
- Short signal path allows for minimal FEXT/NEXT
- Custom Configurations
Microminiature-D Connectors: Dura-Con
The Cinch Microminiature Dura-Con line of connectors qualified (QPL) to MIL-DTL-83513 is one of the most widely used .050 inch (1.27mm) pitch connectors for military and high-end commercial applications. Dura-Con is ideal where packaging requires a small size and low weight, as well as a highly reliable and rugged connector that has electrical and mechanical integrity under extreme vibration and shock conditions. The heart of the Dura-Con System is the unique wire form pin that provides seven points of contact when mated to the socket. Applications include electronics in missiles, aircraft, launch vehicles, satellites and computers.
Dura-Con connectors are available as all plastic in 9, 15, 21, 25, 31, 37 and 51 positions and metal shell versions in 9, 15, 21, 25, 31, 37, 51 and 100 positions. In addition, Cinch also offers Metal Shell Micro Edge Dura-Con Connectors in 128 and 184 positions, strip connectors up to 60 positions and connector savers. Termination can be solder cup, wired leads or PC mount.
As well as Standard Parts, Cinch provides a wide variety of specials and wired harnesses to industry. Please contact us with your custom or harness needs.
- Meets and exceeds requirements for Mil-DTL-83513, available in all standard shell sizes and configurations.
- Available as part of harness assemblies manufactured by Cinch. Highly customizable to meet any application requirement.
- Hermetics available that meet 1X10-8 at half the cost and time of traditional hermetic solutions.
Military Cable Assemblies
Cinch has capability to design and produce military systems cable assemblies.
- Designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions when subjected to high vibrations, shock and temperature extremes
- Available in simple point-to-point to more complex harnesses with multiple branches as well as flex circuitry
- Over 25 years experience in designing custom micro harnesses
Cinch Connectors LTD.
1700 Finley Road
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: +1 630 705 6000
Cinch Connectivity Solutions introduces high performance durable rectangular multi-pin avionics connectors
Cinch Connectors announce new name and brand logo following the joining of Emerson Connectivity Solutions