Česká zbrojovka a.s.
CZ - among the most successful Czech exporters and engineering manufacturers
Česká zbrojovka a.s. (or CZ) has long been an important Czech engineering manufacturer. The company was founded in 1936 and became a joint-stock company in 1992. CZ ranks among the most successful Czech exporters and also plays the role of a key strategic partner of customers worldwide.
CZ - a portfolio of products for the civilian market - service sector and high precision engineering
The production programme of CZ consists of a portfolio of products for the civilian market, service sector, and high precision engineering products mostly for the automotive and aerospace industries.
CZ - Military precision engineering state-of-the-art technologies
Our manufacturing is one of the most challenging branches of precision engineering and CZ is one of the top world leaders in this field. The company uses state-of-the-art technologies, though without highly qualified and well-motivated staff, the greatest treasure of every successful company, success would not be possible.
CZ - Automated milling centres with sophisticated laser and robotic systems
In CZ, the production itself is increasingly carried out on fully automated turning and milling centres as well as, most recently, robotic systems. In addition, CZ operates workshops where the produced components receive extremely durable surface treatment. Extensive checks and inspections in all the production phases are a standard. They are carried out with the aid of sophisticated laser equipment with measurements up to a thousandth of a millimetre, whereby several hundred parameters may be monitored in each part.
CZ - ISO 9001:2015 implemented and certified
All this guarantees that the customers will receive CZ products of the highest quality. The company has an excellently equipped factory in Uherský Brod, where the quality control system according to ISO 9001:2015 is implemented and certified.
Facts and data
- founded in 1936 as a branch plant of the famous arms factory from Strakonice
- independent since 1950
- changed to a joint-stock company in 1992
- the most important long-term Czech manufacturer of firearms, many of which have become global legends (CZ 75 pistol, ZKK 600 rifle series, vz. 58 submachine gun, vz. 61 Skorpion submachine gun)
- one of the leading arms manufacturers in the world
- one of the most successful Czech exporters
- a key strategic partner of national and many foreign armed and security forces
- focused mainly on the production of firearms for civilian and service markets, especially with regard to service, defence and sport semi-automatic pistols, hunting and sport rifles and automatic firearms
- high-precision engineering products primarily for the automotive and aerospace industries form an additional program for which the company holds relevant certification
- production takes place in Uherský Brod, in a factory with excellent facilities, where the quality management system according to ISO 9001:2015 and NATO requirements is implemented and certified
- in the United States, Česká zbrojovka has been represented by the successful company CZ-USA since 1997
- through CZ-USA, the renowned North American brand, Dan Wesson Firearms, also belongs to the CZ family
- in the Czech Republic, a subsidiary of Česká zbrojovka is the company ZBROJOVKA BRNO s.r.o., a direct successor of the famous Brno arms production, traditionally focused on the development and production of break action hunting and sports firearms
- currently, Česká zbrojovka employs around 1 900 people
- in the last few years, the company has radically modernized its manufacturing facilities and brought out a new generation of first-rate weapons to the service and civilian markets (the CZ SCORPION EVO 3 A1 submachine gun, CZ 2 BREN assault rifles, CZ P-07, CZ P-09, CZ and CZ P-10 and CZ SHADOW 2 pistols, CZ 457 and CZ 557 modular rimfire rifles, CZ 557 rifles, etc.)
- in 2018, the company sold almost 380 000 weapons
- about 90% of the arms production is exported, Česká zbrojovka has trade agencies in more than 100 countries around the world
- in 2018, the international CZ Group holding was formed. In addition to the mother company in Uherský Brod, the holding will gradually incorporate other companies that engage in the manufacturing and developmental programs of a similar nature
- in 2018, CZ-USA began manufacturing CZ P-10 pistols in the United States