UID UK is a specialist in the manufacture of rugged and robust labelling. Our rugged labels are capable of working in the harshest of environments. We have the expertise and capability to ensure that you can successfully mark and identify your product whatever the environment it’s exposed to.
We are involved with many new and emerging technologies, as well as developing more traditional ones and advise the AIDC and bar coding community of the technology available to meet the marking standards required. Our unique Primodise digital printing technique enables us to print photographic images, infinite colour combinations and sequential barcode information into the surface of anodised aluminium, which is then sealed. The resulting finish is scratch, weather, chemical and vandal resistant.
We can supply rugged labels for a wide range of projects and specifications and work closely with both national and international clients.
UID UK operates from GSM Graphic Arts, The Label, Nameplate and Fascia specialist and part of The GSM Group. GSM Graphic Arts has a comprehensive background in bar coding and direct part marking and it was this knowledge and experience gained over more than 35 years that led to the creation of UID UK.
Wherever your product is located, inside or outside, exposed to extremes of temperature, harsh chemicals, salt spray, oil or fire, we have the durable label for you.
We have vast experience of working with all industry sectors including, Automotive, Aerospace, Military, Logistics and Retail, Health Services and Local Government.
MIL STD 130
We can support your commercial and military applications, including MIL STD 130, a standard mandated by the Department of Defence for any item to be UID compliant.
Whatever you need to mark: machine parts, computers, vehicles, boats, aeroplanes, boxes, racking, tyres, rubbish bins, engines, pumps, pallets, cages, lamp posts, or furniture, the list really is endless. We can supply you with:
• Bespoke labelling in all substrates, including metal (anodised aluminium and stainless steel) to plastic (vinyl, polycarbonate and polyester)
• Asset Labels and tags to permanently/temporarily mark your property
• Symbols: Let us know your requirements - 2D data matrix codes, linear barcodes (code 39, code 128 etc) or human readable serial numbers both static and consecutive.
• Security Labels to protect and deter theft
• Unique ID labels, from cast plates through to direct marking
• Industrial Labels
• Ability to print variable information
• Fixing – let us know where your label is going and we will provide you with the best fixing solution
• Cost Effective Software & Hardware
• Project Management & Solutions
• Training and Technical Support
We can provide your unique identification labels including: Barcodes (e.g. code 39, code 128) 2D Data Matrix barcodes, UID codes, QR codes, serial numbers, void, tamper evident, temperature indicators and latent imaging labels.
There may be specific areas of your business that you wish to improve:
• Identification of items
• Asset tracking
• Management of item information
• Capacity to handle items
• Inventory control and management
• Auto/Semi sorting of item codes
• Transportation of items
• Space utilisation, pick and pack efficiency
• Security/Fraud prevention
• Integrity of item data
• Non-visible read write solution
If you require RF wireless technology, rugged metal barcodes or just labels we can make your concept a reality.
If security is a concern we can supply Security Labels in many different forms to protect and deter your property from theft.
• Void/Tamper Evident: once laid down these labels leave a pattern, logo or word when lifted.
• Destructible: Specially manufactured vinyl which cannot be lifted off in one piece.
• Temperature Control: Labels that record temperature and leave you with a tamper proof reading.
• Latent Labels: Low cost security which can be incorporated into secured ID cards, self adhesive seals, shrink sleeves, destructible and holographic labels.
• Window Stickers: A low cost deterrent.
• Laser Marking: We have designed and developed a destructible laser markable film. By adding unique text to the label which is so small that the human eye cannot detect it you can always identify your property. We can also provide you with a quotation for your own in-house laser system if required.
Logistic handling and storage
If you need a complete asset management solution we can provide major brand hardware and cost effective software – including training, technical support and full project management. We understand that rugged labelling solutions require rugged software solutions to improve your business’ efficiency.
Software and Hardware.
UID UK has a range of “off the shelf” packages which run on a standard Windows platform. These packages are highly efficient, cost effective and can be up and running with minimal effort.
If your business requires something different we can provide you with a bespoke solution. We specialise in writing web based applications tailored to your own specific business.
UID UK’s technical consultants will visit your site to conduct a system review with you. We will then apply our 35 years + experience of process improvement planning to recommend a suitable solution.
Work In Progress
A work in progress package monitors the complete manufacturing process from receipt of an order through to despatch of the product. It provides you with immediate, real time notification of the status of all active customer orders.
Computerised Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) facilitates the automated scheduling of planned maintenance tasks on plant and equipment throughout a manufacturing site.
An automated, real time, serialised stock control system, using RF data collection terminals. UID-JiT keeps track of each individual product throughout the Goods-In, Put-Away, Picking and Despatch processes and it also automatically sequences the delivery.
If you are integrating into a current MRP/ERP system from Sage to SAP we can assist. We have a proven record of supplying integration projects into manufacturing sites across the world from Europe to China.
UID UK is your single source for all rugged labelling, barcodes and data collection needs.