Istec Services Ltd
Istec Design and Manufacture:
• Weapon Mounting Systems
• Sight Mounting Systems
• Vehicle Equipment Platforms
Istec is ISO 9001-2000 accredited as a major supplier and integrator of gun mounts, primarily for machine guns and medium calibre weapons. These systems encompass vehicle slewing rings, pedestals, pintles, and swing arm mounts.
Universal Gun Mount (UGM)
The Istec Universal Gun Mount (UGM) is a vehicle system that can support high velocity grenade launchers, heavy machine guns, GPMG’s or light machine guns.
It is also suitable for the deployment of anti-armour missiles and 20mm cannons. It is particularly suited vehicle turret rings and pintle mounting on land vehicles and patrol boats.
Land Vehicle Weapon Systems
Typical Istec installations in current service include:
• Lightweight Protected Mount (LPM) - deployed on Oshkosh and MAN trucks;
• LPM with hatch - Navistar Husky;
• Universal Gun Mount (UGM) with armour - Force Protection Mastiff and Ridgeback;
• UGM – Jackal;
• GPMG Swing-Arm Mount –Jackal, Lockheed Martin GMLRS, Pinzgauer troop carrier.
Naval Vessel Weapon Systems
For the marine environment, Istec supplies and integrates UGM, LPM, and Swing-Arm Pedestal mounts for the following Royal Navy vessels:
• ORC (Off-Shore Raider);
• VP and LCU Landing Craft;
• LRIC (new Long Range Insurgence Craft);
• Royal Fleet Auxiliary ships;
• Type 45 destroyer;
Ground Role Weapon Systems
Istec offers the following equipment for the improvement of weapon systems in the ground role:
• Improved T&E Mechanism;
• Lightweight weapon cradles and softmounts;
• Pointer and sighting range drums.
Weapon Sighting Systems
Istec integrates sighting systems, including Pointer. Pointer is a target acquisition networking system for deployment in the vehicle and ground roles. IVISS – Istec Integrated Vehicle Sighting System - incorporates sight mounts and range drums for fitting optical sights to machine guns and medium calibre weapons. For small arms, Istec supplies a wide range of sight bases, sight mounts, and a sight range weapon quadrant for 40mm Underslung Grenade Launchers.