We are pleased to announce that as of 1st July 2021, we have a new management structure, and some exciting new developments to report.
Please see attached some photographs of The Ranges in June 2021. If you haven’t visited us for a while, you may be surprised!
The ballistic trials facility
- Major upgrades to the infrastructure and instrumentation have been completed, with additional instrumentation being commissioned in the next 2-3 months.
- In September 2021, we undertake our UKAS assessment to the ISO17025 Laboratory standard for a number of international standards. Wiltshire Ballistic Services Ltd assisted UKAS in the adaptation of the ISO17025 standard for ballistic testing in 2007, becoming the first UK range to be accredited to this standard. The Company has operated in accordance with the standard throughout, but this formal accreditation may assist some of our customers in their business development plans.
- Two high-powered extraction/filtration systems have been installed, enabling us to do more extensive continuous weapon firing trials.
- Ammunition testing to NATO EPVAT standards from October 2021.
- For trial enquiries please email James.firstname.lastname@example.org or Paul.email@example.com, or call 01380 721644
Wiltshire Shooting Centre – Shop and shooting ranges
- 5-lane 25 yard, and 5-lane 50 yard shooting ranges for air pistol, air rifle, FAC air rifle and .22/.17HMR rimfire
- New membership structure and reduced fees
- South west supplier of Yew Tree Fieldsports lead free Non-Toxic bullets
- Shop now has a range of Seeland and Ridgeline clothing
- Planning to offer facilities for home-loading/full bore testing later in 2021
- Shooting experience packages will be available from August 2021.
- For shop enquiries, please email WBS-Sales@msinstruments.co.uk or call 01380 727282
As a company, we are working towards the ISO14001 Environmental management standard, and aim to be carbon neutral by 2023.
We have replaced lighting throughout the tunnel with LEDs.
Major upgrade to extraction/filtration system to limit any external emissions
Recycling of all lead, brass, paper, card etc. Promotion of non-toxic bullets, and offering guidance of how to get the best out of them with reloading workshops.
Please do visit our websites for further information and updates:
You can also review our brochure here: https://sw1.co/the-ranges-brochure/ or download it here: https://www.msinstruments.net/anon/pdf/wbs-brochure.pdf
We would be delighted to welcome you to The Ranges for a visit, and hope to see you soon.
Paul A. H. Everington BSc (Hons), CEng, FIET