Self-Powered, Illuminated Door Handles
- Date: 28th October 2013
- Company: Betalight b.v.
- Unique design.
- Visible up to 35 meters
- No batteries or bulbs required
- Maintenance-free, operational life of 15 years
- Guaranteed reliability in all environments and conditions
- Unaffected by humidity and temperature
- Fully waterproof
- Tough, impact resistant yet lightweight and integrated
- Range of colors, shapes, sizes available for multiple solutions
Betalight b.v. provides a door handle with a continuous and secured light source that enables immediate identification in partial and complete darkness. The Betalux door handle is visible at a distance of up to 35 meters, depending on the size and the color of the betalight. Betalux door handles are available in different brightness levels and colors.
- Marking/ illuminating fire / emergency exits
- Visualization of door handle in a nursery
- Route safety in all conditions
The door handles are self-illuminating. They do not require an external power supply, e.g. batteries or bulbs. The Betalux will remain continuously illuminated, even during prolonged periods of darkness. Illumination is powered by Betalights®, gaseous tritium light sources that provide an absolutely reliable luminance throughout their practical life of 15 years. They contain no loose parts or unsustainable components (such as batteries, bulbs or switches). Betalux door handles are suitable for use in hazardous atmospheres and will operate normally in adverse environmental conditions, even when immersed in water. They are calibrated for operation in temperatures of -60˚C to 80˚C.
The "Door Illumination With A Gaseous Tritium Light Source" first developed by Betalight b.v.
We are certified to ISO 9001 and meet the requirements of UK Ministry of Defence Standard 62/4, USA standard ANSI N540.