PlastPack Defence PPD
PPD is an innovative Danish company, serving the defence industry and specializing in the development and production of lightweight packaging solutions for military transportation, handling and storage of hazardous, high valuable and fragile goods according to military requirements.
PPD is active within two main areas:
- Ammunition boxes, Lightweight plastic boxes/cases /containers for:
- Ammunition (small, medium and large-arms)
- General Outdoor Purposes
- Countermeasures, Flares, etc…
- Weapons, etc…
Packaging solutions for Transportation, Handling and Storage of:
- IT equipment
- EO equipment
- Radar systems
- Spare parts
- Mechanical parts
- Aerospace parts, etc.
All products are tested according to relevant environmental standards such as, but not limited to: MIL-STD, STANAG / MOPI, DEF-STAN and the UN ADR convention.
Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®)
Logistical and Tactical Lightweight Plastic Ammunition cases for: Ammunition (small, medium and large-arms), Pyrotechnics, Explosives, Countermeasures, Flares, and Weapons, etc...
PPD´s new innovative Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®) are based on PPD´s newly patented design ideas and PPD´s specially developed raw-material resins.
PPD Light Weight Ammunition Cases (LWAC®) are designed as a full drop-in replacement for existing systems, and accordingly to all military requirements and standards.
The development and design has been performed in close co-operation with end-users and the ammunition industry.
The advantages are numerous however, the most important is the direct cost savings over the full life cycle due to:
- Reduced weight, more than 68% lower than existing steel boxes. E.g. Packaging weight for 1.000.000 rounds 12.7(0.50 cal.) will be reduced by 16,5 tons!
- Improved stacking capability which allowing cross stacking both 90⁰ and vertical stacking
- Improved thermal capability, with reduced heat transfer
- Prepared for built-in RFID tags for tracking and controlling
- Low noise during handling and contact with steel surfaces
- No risk of sparks
- Fully compatible with existing steel boxes
- Tested according to all applicable MIL-STD, STANAG / MOPI and DEF-STAN requirements
- UN- Approved, UN 4H2/21.5/S/15/DK/ETi-15003/PPD regulations (ADR convention) for safe land, air and sea transportation of hazardous goods
- Fully recyclable / reusable
- Multiple color choice, e.g. color code according to ammunition type.
Shipping and Storage Containers
Packaging solutions for Transportation, Handling and Storage of: Electronics, IT equipment’s, EO Equipment’s, Radar systems, Spare parts, Aerospace parts, Mechanical parts etc…
Complete range from 5.5–400+ Litres (60+ different models
PPD is a specialist company supplying packaging equipment for transportation, handling and storage of goods accordingly to defence standards, such as MIL-STD 20-73, STANAG / MOPI 4280 and DEF-STAN 81-41
PPD Packaging Concept
PPD has developed a packaging concept that can serve the defence industry with the correct type of packaging for every need.
PPD´s concept is based on durable and ruggedized plastic cases and containers with options for foam inserts. The concept covers both one-way shipment of light and controlled transports, and fully ruggedized round trip shipment under extreme conditions, and up to 20 years of storage.
PPD is the exclusive Nordic representative of ZERO´s product line:
- VAL-AN CASES
- MODULAR CONTAINERS
Meets DEF-STAN packaging level P, N and J, MIL-STD level A and B, STANAG / MOPI level 1, 2, 3 and 4
Contact PPD for an informal discussion about how we can best meet your needs.