Specialist Mobility Training Ltd
Specialist Mobility Training Ltd (SMT) is based in Hereford, UK, and specialises in worldwide vehicle maintenance and training solutions, delivering worldwide vehicle maintenance support and specialist driver training.
Our reputation has been built on providing a quality and professional service. Instructors and vehicle mechanics work within the UK and Abroad in operational and non-operational areas. The depth of knowledge within the SMT staff has been gained from many years within the military including Special Forces operations all over the world. SMT Ltd has an excellent skill base amongst its staff of vehicle technicians, with many having over 20 years experience in the trade. Both Mechanics and driving trainers hold a National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC) City and Guilds certificate in either assessor or operator-level off-road driving and have received out-of-reach medical training.
SMT works very closely with manufacturers of commercial and specialist vehicles offering consultancy and training.
Delpoyable Field Service Representatives - FSRs
SMT vehicle technicians are all security cleared and specialise in deploying to remote and austere environments to carry out maintenance tasks on varied vehicle fleets. This can be as diverse as vehicle refurbishment and modification programmes to fleet management.
Our clients range from specialist vehicle manufactures to Government agencies.
- Maintenance support
- Maintenance training
- Driver training
- Fleet management
- Logistical support
“ I write to express my sincere gratitude and exceptional performance of SMT FSR’s for their contribution to the UK equipment support since their deployment. I have awarded them the Commanders coin”
Commanding Officer - S P Hamilton OBE
Military Driver Training
SMT’s driving instructors experience ranges from working within the Arctic Circle on skidoo’s to trials on ATV’s, armoured vehicle systems and generic 4x4 and 6x6 vehicles. A handpicked team provides training solutions to military and civilian organisations, and training packages can be executed at any worldwide location.
- Off road training in civilian profile 4x4’s to gain necessary skills required to qualify students in LANTRA and National Proficiency Training Council (NPTC) that gives a city and Guilds recognised off-road driving qualification.
- Advanced off road driving skills to include armoured / unarmoured civilian profile vehicles and military vehicle platforms (specialising on all Jackal platform).
- Off road driver training to enhance expeditionary build up training within the UK or overseas.
“Your team provided an outstanding service throughout and their instruction was of an extremely high standard”
Brigadier - T B Radford OBE
Secure Maintenance Facility Kabul, Afghanistan
SMT has a fully equipped workshop within a secure compound that can include full life support package in accommodation and security if required.
The SMT Kabul Facility is managed by a British management team.
- Full mechanical repair facility
- 24/7 Armed Ministry of Interior (MoI) Security
- 10,000 Sq M secure workshop
- Full vehicle diagnostics
- Armoured vehicle specialist
- Air-Con service and repair
- Body and Paint shop
- Vehicle systems Integration capability
- Surge capability for Specialists
Overseas Vehicle Fleet Management
- SMT provides UK MoD maintenance/servicing on deployed training and operational fleet worldwide
- SMT conduct servicing and inspection to the UK VOSA Standard
- SMT manages overseas vehicle spares and arrange/ co-ordinate shipping worldwide
- SMT can tailor fleet management programs for clients