More than just Night Vision and Thermal Target Acquisition, Surveillance and Engagement Equipment
Qioptiq is one of the world’s principal designers and manufacturers of infrared and image intensified night vision equipment. The Company’s portfolio of products includes a complete range of equipment for use in the ground-based environment and for a wide range of applications.
They are designed to satisfy the most stringent requirements of international defence and security procurement authorities, and are all fully qualified for use in the most extreme environmental conditions.
Qioptiq now has a new leader, with Mr Fredrick Arp being appointed as chairman and CEO on 8 January 2010, bringing with him a vision to align the group’s activities and further establish Qioptiq as a group providing innovative photonics solutions to its customers around the world.
After several years of working as an international network of companies, in 2010, the Qioptiq Group’s 2,300 people across North America, Europe and Asia will begin working even more closely together under one name and one logo. Bringing together the LINOS Group and Point Source under the Qioptiq brand, the international Photonics provider will now boast a single identity worldwide.
Organised to deliver into its four main market sectors:
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Medical & Life Sciences
- Research & Development
- Defence & Aerospace
Qioptiq is your global one stop source for Photonic Solutions
Within the Defence & Aerospace Division, Qioptiq is focussed on maintaining a steady pace of development within the Dismounted Close Combat / Soldier Modernisation market sector in order to ensure that Qioptiq products remain state of the art and provide features and capabilities called for by the User community.
The Defence & Aerospace Division provides an excellent balance of Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing capabilities that can provide world leading DCC products with both reliability and affordability.
Weapon Aiming and Target Acquisition Sights
Qioptiq provides a range of world leading night weapon aiming sights for a wide variety of platforms including individual assault weapons, light support weapons, crew-served weapons, anti-tank/anti materiel weapons and specialised sniper applications, using visible image intensifying and un-cooled thermal imaging technology.
Military Sight Surveillance and Equipment Solutions
A range of military sight surveillance equipment is also available utilising both visible image intensifying and uncooled thermal imaging technology. Binocular and Monocular eyepiece variants are available providing maximum flexibility for surveillance applications.
Military Image Intensifier Sights
- Kite – Weapon mounted night sight In service in over 50 countries
- MaxiKite-2 – Weapon mounted night sight ×6 magnification
- MERLIN SR Assault Rifle sight
- MERLIN MR Sharpshooter Rifle sight
- MERLIN LR Sniper Rifle sight
- Kos / Maxikos – Hand held night surveillance sights Suitable for short to medium range surveillance, security search and rescue observation
Thermal Weapon Sights
- VIPIR-2 (CQB) – Thermal weapon sight Latest low powered uncooled technology
- VIPIR-2 – Thermal weapon sight Suitable for short to medium range weapons
- VIPIR-2+ – Thermal weapon sight Suitable for short to medium range weapons
- VIPIR-S – Hand held thermal surveillance sight Suitable for short range surveillance
- VIPIR-2S+ – Hand held thermal surveillance sight Fully qualified and ruggedised
- SVIPIR-2+ Thermal Weapon Sight 24 hour operational capability
- DRAGON Compact (C) lightweight, multi-use thermal weapon / observation sight
- DRAGON Long Range (LR) section level & heavy support weapon sight
PHOENIX-S – In Line Long Range Sniper Sight
Rugged Thermal Sniper Sight with high optical performance during day and night conditions, even in poor visibility. Utilizes high-resolution MWIR HOT technology to provide a 640x512 resolution image and compatible with a wide range of Weapons and Optical scopes for long range engagement of man and vehicle targets. Runs on commercial AA batteries
- Field of View: 3.6°(H) x 3°(V)
- System Optical Magnification: x1
- Objective Focus Range: 25m – Infinity
- Detect = Man Target 4500m / Vehicle Target 8800m
- Recognise = Man Target 1600m / Vehicle Target 3600m
- Identify = Man Target 800m / Vehicle Target 1900m
PHOENIX-H - Surveillance and Target Location
Designed for Dismounted Warfighters, featuring intuitive MMI and a range of connectivity options, PHOENIX-H delivers battle-winning capability by allowing early detection/identification of targets at extended ranges in zero light conditions. A Digital Day channel provides increased Identification & Fusion. The integral LRF and sensors enable rapid target location. Wireless connectivity (eg to other PHOENIX assets) enables exchange of images and targeting data to support Collaborative Target Handoff capabilities. Uses commercial AA batterie
- Horizontal Field of View: 2º - 16º
- Staged Optical Zoom
- System Optical Magnification: x1.5 – x12
- Objective Focus Range: 25m – Infinity
Range Performance - Man Target 1.8m x 0.95m
- Detect = WFOV 1000m / NFOV 6250m
- Recognise = WFOV 400m / NFOV 2500m
- Identify = WFOV 200m / NFOV 1250m
Industrial Partnerships & International Organisations
Whilst Qioptiq is a worldwide organisation we also recognise that some nations wish to promote their own national industry capability and have a preference for encouraging local added production value for larger procurement contracts. The Qioptiq approach is to embrace this culture and form industrial partnerships where required. This open approach has lead to large contract success, with a number of potential collaborations ongoing around the world. Qioptiq is always on the lookout for opportunities to collaborate and partner with industrial players around the world in order to bring world class capability to national programmes.
Customer Services and Contract Logistic Support
Qioptiq know and understand the need for through life support of our customers equipment. Our mission is to deliver a fully integrated support service that totally satisfies our customers’ needs. We have the skills, experience and commitment to meet the challenges of Customer Services – today and in the future.
Qioptiq designs and manufactures photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications in the areas of Defense and Aerospace, Industrial Manufacturing, Medical and Life Sciences, as well as Research and Development.
The company is known for its high-quality standard components, products and instruments, its custom modules and assemblies, its leading-edge innovation, its precision manufacturing and its responsive global resourcing.
Through a series of acquisitions, Qioptiq has an impressive history and pedigree, and benefits from having integrated the knowledge and experience of LINOS, Point Source, Spindler & Hoyer, Gsänger, Optem, Pilkingtons, and others.
Qioptiq has a worldwide presence with locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia and the US, employs over 2,300 people and generated revenues of approximately US$400 million in 2009.